Office furniture is a part of the environment in which an employee works. Office furniture is like a second home to employees who work for hours sitting on a chair. Hence, it is necessary that the employer provides a comfortable working environment with quality office furniture to the employees. Comfortable office furniture reduces fatigue and increases the efficiency of the employees. Office furniture [เฟอร์นิเจอร์ ออฟฟิศ, which is the term in Thai] that are ergonomic help to minimize the risk of health deterioration in employees. Working for long hours by sitting in one place can cause joint pain, back pain, sprain in neck, etc. Hence, comfortable office furniture is the need of good working environment.
Factors to be considered while choosing office furniture
- Fund: You cannot simply select office furniture on your whims and fancies. Before selecting office furniture it is necessary that you estimate the amount that you can spend of them.
- Durability: Durability is another important factor in selecting office furniture. You don’t buy office furniture daily, it is an object which includes onetime investment. Hence, it is necessary that you consider the durability of the furniture.
- Weight: It is advisable that you use furniture that is light in weight. Light weighted office furniture will be easy to move around when necessary. Whereas, heavy weighted furniture will require lot of workforce for moving.
Types of office furniture
- Desk: Desk is a working table that is used by employees for performing their tasks. It provides a comfortable place for writing and processing of data.
- Chairs: It is one of the most important components of office furniture. A work chair is needed by employees for comfortable working. A chair influences correct posture of working which benefits the health of the employees.
- Tables: Tables are another important office furniture which is used for clerical works. Tables are used for sorting mails, dispatches, the housing of stationery, etc.